Sending seeds and tubers

You seem to have a lot of experience sending tubers and seeds all over
the world so I have a question for you.  There is a fellow in South
Africa who has offered to send me a couple of Ariod tubers.
Unfortunately we have not had any experience with sending tubers into the
USA.  I asked the Aroid-L about this but the only advice was for little
seeds.  These would be dormant tubers;  1 - 2 inch diameter.  Have you
figured out how to do this efficiently.  We'd send them by air.  I don't
know if they have FedEx or UPS there.  Any suggestions would be
Craig Smith