RE: Anthurium hybrids

Jay,

As member of the International Commission for Nomenclature of Cultivated
Plants, I am gonna be picky about your message, where I noticed a few often
encountered mistakes in terminology........DON'T HIT ME!!!

1) a cultivar, the name of which is denoted by the single high quotation
marks (well done!) must not also be written with the cross-sign and should
not a priory be named "hybrid" but "cultivar" (not all cultivars are hybirds
anyway).

2) a grex is a bunch of seedlings from ONE particular cross. It is NOT a
plant and NOT a cultivar.

Of course this A. x bullatus thing seems to be written o.k. since it has
gotten a latin name (waste of time and energy, BTW).

Sorry, but I just couldn't let this one go.

Cheers,
Wilbert