Re: Anthurium hybrids

Jay,
	I've been working on a list of anthuriums for a while now and
have some partial answers for you.
	As to A. x 'Red Beauty' I haven't come across this name yet.
	As to A. x 'Hoffmannii' there is a species A. hoffmannii of which
it could be. Or it could be a hybrid of A. hoffmannii and something else.
Sometimes hybridizers will list a hybrid on there tag Genus x species
where the species listed is the seed producer. This is a very bad
practice because it leads to this type of confusion.
	And as to A. x 'bullatus' this could be (is probably) A. x
bullatum which is a hybrid between A. subsignatum and A. veitchii.
	I hope I haven't muddied the picture here. But hybrids will do
that to you. "Viva la species!"
Robert Arias
Tampa FL
rharias@juno.com