Re: Anthurium hybrids

>        As to A. x 'Hoffmannii' there is a species A. hoffmannii of which
>it could be. Or it could be a hybrid of A. hoffmannii and something else.
>Sometimes hybridizers will list a hybrid on there tag Genus x species
>where the species listed is the seed producer. This is a very bad
>practice because it leads to this type of confusion.
>Robert Arias
>Tampa FL
>rharias@juno.com

Robert,
Sorry, but no way on the species Anthurium hoffmannii being related to the
A. x Hoffmannii...  There is no resembalence at all between the two (I grow
them both)...  I am confident that A. papillilaminum is one of the parents
of A. x Hoffmannii and the other one is anyones guess.....  BUT, it has to
be a cordate leaf.  Also,I know that A. x Hoffmannii has to be a hybrid...
because the seedlings are quite variable.
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE
Your Source for Tropical Araceae