Re: Styrofoam cones for winter protection

Having checked with the local Home Depot garden center, I've learned the
following that may help any of those who wish to try these:

The large size of "rose cones" [labeled "Plant Protector"] costs $2.36/each

Home Depot's stock # is:  153647

Home Depot here usually will order in a stock item, even though the store
does not  carry it.  Those who wish to try this, who have a Home Depot
nearby, may be able to obtain these.

I've also bought them at Ace Hardware.  Using the term "Plant Protector", you
may be able to have your local Ace order them if you have no Home Depot

Jeanne Hannah