trying to find a home for our thoughform comm. garden

greetings. my name is peter. i reside in new hanover county, n.c. i work at
our local co-op. i am a member of our educational commitee. we are discussing
starting a community garden. and maybe setting up some kind of program for
other groups in the area to use as a model for creating a garden run by and
for the the community.
Coincidently at this moment our county has set a referendum to set aside $45
million dollars to secure open space land. 25% would be appropriated for
recreational
parks and 75% for open space for passive activies. we (the cooperative) would
like to lead the way for other groups to sponser and maintain a piece of the
proposed land as a community garden.
the problem are  we don't know how to start a comm. garden. we would like to
be able to make a proposal, assuming the referendum passes, to the commitee.
this referendum was just recently made aware to us, so we want act fast. any
ideas as to how to start a comm. garden? how to rally support for this?
we want do this to help people take back some control over where their food
comes from. to help promote support of eachother. to help repair a little
part of earth one by one. to help people feel good about the good work they
do. to give back to the earth inthe form of stewards nuturing the land and
eachother.

                        thanks for hearing me.
                        each one teach one
                        one love,