[Fwd: Re: CYBERPARK:[Fwd: Seed "Bombs"]]

I remember speaking to Liz Christie (sp?), who I guess was one of the
founders of Green Guerrillas and while I don't have a detailed recipe she
told me there were two problems with the seed-bomb campaign, especially in
city lots:
1.The soil is often hard and not particularly receptive to seeds.
2. And this is related to the second problem. Because soil is so hard the
seeds and seedlings will to be watered.

That is not to say that seed bombs shouldn't be used, but you may have to be
a little selective in chosing sites.

As for the recipe, I don't think you want to make sure the thing is seeds
floating in a generous amount of water so that when the balloon lands, the
seeds gush out through the opening.

-Len Maniace

To remove yourself from this list, please send a message to
"cyberpark@treebranch.com" with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject
of the e-mail.

To receive a reference guide to this mailing list, send a message to
"cyberpark@treebranch.com" with the word HELP in the subject of the

If you have any questions about or problems with this mailing list,
please send e-mail to the list moderator Dave Lutz at
This list is operated by the Neighborhood Open Space Coalition and
Friends of Gateway. Visit http://www.treebranch.com on the web to
learn more about organizations sponsoring mailing lists and/or web
sites concerning the environment, open space, and related urban
issues in New York City.