Re: Seed "Bombs"

I would try to come up with something other than a balloon as a carrier
since balloons are very hazardous to wildlife.  Also balloons add another
piece of trash to a problem area.  In trying to think of something
biodegradable
The best I could think of is a corn husk minus the corn and filled with
water and seeds.  A large eggroll wrapper might work (homemade so as
not to use any salt).  But the ideal would be if you could sprinkle the seeds
on the lot during a gentle rain or just after one.  If you don't have easy
access
to the lot, it's possible to fling handfuls of dry seeds quite a distance
onto the
wet ground.  Or do you know if anyone makes a backpack version of the
machine that sprays grass seed and  fertilizer on steep banks?

Sharon
gordonse@one.net