the garden in terms of money value

greetings. thankyou to all that have sent your words and thoughts. they have
been extremely helpful. we are trying to get the board of our co-op to
approve our proposal of a community garden. we need some #s for our proposal.
Something along the lines of how much food can be grown per sqft or acre?
how much does it cost to run a garden per acre? what % of the food that one
person needs in a year can be  grown? these questions are just samples. i
hope someone understands what i mean. we need numbers to convince people that
it is economicaly
feasible, imortant, and worth their time. I believe it is.
                thanks and praises. petemoss
                                            heal thyself with thy breath