RE: project on campus community garden

Leah:

Shooting from the hip as I am wont to do, I'd suggest that you contact
check out the University of Wisconsin Eagle Heights Garden website:
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~ehgarden . Another academically based program was
started by Alan Chadwick in the late sixties, the world famous Center for
Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems at the University of California,
Santa Cruz. The program application website is filled with useful
information:
http://zzyx.ucsc.edu/casfs/brochure98.html Both of these programs   have
been running a University based community gardens and study gardens for
decades and I'd call them up for practical and tactical advice  . Also, I'd
contact the American Community Gardening Association  through their
website: http://www.communitygarden.org/index.html and listed telephone
numbers; the Trust for Public Land website: http://igc.apc.org/tpl because
of the preservation of wetland issue, ditto on the telephone numbers for
their regional coordinators, and, the archives of this webserv :
http://www.community_garden@mallorn.com for discussions on governance and
organization of community gardens.

Good luck! Please tell me how this turns out!

Adam Honigman