Re: Community Gardening Questions

The best statistics that I know of are available are from the ACGA monograph "National Community Garden Survey"
published in June 1998. The research was done by Suzanne Monroe-Santos for her masters thesis at U.C. Davis. This
was an update of a similar survey "Findings from the National Community Garden Survey" also published as a
monograph by ACGA, in June 1992 by Andy Stone of TPL. Suzanne also wrote an article in the 1998 Community
Greening Review, p.12 titled "Recent National Survey Shows Status of Community Gardens in the U.S."
She found 6018 community gardens reported by 38 cities.
Atlanta figures were not reported in either survey.
I have lost contact with Suzanne but I guess her thesis would be on file at U.C. Davis. I have single copies of the
monographs I mentioned in my office.
You may want to check out:
for info about NYC gardens.
Lenny Librizzi