Big Wig Money

Has anyone ever attempted to or received goods and or services from some of
the big chain monsters (home depot, lowes, walmart) that profess to have
community donation programs?

What is the best way to propose to local businesses with the motive of
receiving tools, plants, etc.? We have several connections here in our
community but it would help to create more.

Our Garden Club is going to create a garden and vegetable plot for a new
Women's and Children's homeless shelter here in Boise and there is so much
we need...(though, according to Mr. Honigman, since our group is female and
under 35 perhaps all we need to do is wear short shorts and ask real nice!!)

I'm so glad this list exists...hopefully someone can give me some advice!

Thank you!