RE: FW: Mission Statements for Community Gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] FW: Mission Statements for Community Gardens
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:12:16 -0400

Ms. Oldfield,

Two good sources of information are:

1) The website of the American Community Gardening Association ("ACGA") . My
suggestion is that you go through the entire site, click and print and visit
all of the links. This should give you a pretty good idea of the mission
statements of the ACGA, garden organizations and individual gardens in North
America & parts of Europe.  The publication and informational links are
quite fine.

http://www.communitygarden.org

I cannot stress how important it is for you to join the ACGA and be part of
it's educational and legislative mission ( the legitimization of community
gardening as a recognized land use.) There are also strong Karmic benefits
to membership ( I attribute my winning $50.00 bucks in the lotto last week
to being an ACGA member ;) !).

 http://www.communitygarden.org/about/membership.html

2) Master gardeners, community garden coordinators/organizers and volunteer
firemen like myself communicate on the Mallorn Community Garden listserve on
topics relevant to your research.  Reading, clicking and printing through
our archives should get you all the boilerplate you need.

http://www.hort.net/lists//community_garden/

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman