getting volunteers involved

  • Subject: [cg] getting volunteers involved
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:18:52 -0500

Hi again Everyone,
Can you please put on your thinking caps and help Don in Lethbridge, Alberta
(northern Canada). Please email him as well as the listserve because he
hasn't yet joined (but I'm sure he will).

My name is Don McKay and I am the plot register of our community garden  in
Lethbridge Alberta. I just became  involved with the executive late last
fall . All volunteers . The garden society is around ten years old . We are
under the city of Lethbridge  Parks  Department . The City is trying to
reorganize our plots and have us in one standard location so we can be
better upkeep. We will have around 140 plots when finished. But the garden
right now is a real mess with weeds and no real cleanup.

So I am searching other community gardens for help .    On how to get
members more involved on clean up.
So the city is going to help us and give us two years to improve. I'm behind
the City but some of the executive is not.

So there is my problem . Any help you can give me I would appreciate.

Happy Easter
 Don Mckay