Hi, Lucy!

If you have any structures at your garden, install gutters that will dump
any rainwater into a barrel.  You can keep insects out by pouring an inch
of veggie oil on the top.  We're getting such gutters installed later this

Greywater is also good to use at home -- we now use the water from the roof
and rinse water from the washing machine for non-food crops.  Food crops
can use water from cooking pasta, potatoes or eggs and water collected from
the shower while waiting for the hot water to kick in.  Our backyard is
lush because we use all these sources -- and if more folks added their
water to the ground rather than washing it out to the sewer system and then
the river, the water table would rise a whole lot faster and we wouldn't
have these "water emergencies" so often.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of