John Carney Award

  • Subject: [cg] John Carney Award
  • From: Sharon Gordon <gordonse@one.net>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:31:32 -0500

Adam described some of the aspects of John Carney's volunteering talents
and said:

 >John Carney was the first recipient of the award ( we formally instituted it
the year after he died, but we gave him a plaque and stuff when he was in
the hospital - the garden didn't kill him, smoking did.) He loved
sunflowers, can't look at one without thinking about him. He is my hero.
John Carney had no shame when it came to the garden.

The Clinton Community Garden web page has this to say about
this years winner:

 >Adam Honigman was awarded the 2002 Clinton Community Garden John Carney
Volunteer of the Year Award at the March 5 Annual Meeting. Not only is Adam
a vital force in helping to maintain CCG but is also affectionately known
as the Internet Greening Guru of the ACGA. He is a passionate advocate for
community garden preservation and open green space in Manhattan and urban

Congrats, Adam!