Mycorrhizal products

Hi, Folks!

Jane wrote:

>I have just heard about a product that enhances root systems of plants and
>trees. I'd like to know if anyone has any knowledge or experience of a
>product called Mycor Flower Saver Plus with Colonize, described as an
>Endomycorrhizal Fungal Inoculant and Biofertilizer.

Last year I went to the "Tree Forum" sponsored by the PA Horticultural
Society.  A professor from U of MD, whose name I cannot remember but she
was supposed to be someone very respected in the tree world, reported on
her research into these products and her and her grad students efforts to
develop such a product.  Her conclusions were that NONE of the mycorrhizal
products on the market were worth diddly and the best thing one could do to
increase mycorrhizae fungi in your trees/shrubs/whatever was to compost and
spread the finished result liberally in the growing bed.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of