Garden Mentor Guidelines?

  • Subject: [cg] Garden Mentor Guidelines?
  • From: Jacki <devlee@sk.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:52:03 -0600

Hello all,
I am the coordinator of a garden project in its second year in Central
Saskatchewan. Last year we recruited a couple from our community to act as
garden mentors and paid them an honorarium for their services. Feedback
from our garden participants indicates that they liked the information that
the mentors provided but that they felt that the mentors acted as "bosses"
rather than sources of information. I would like to use the same mentors
this year for a couple of reasons - they are a wonderful source of
information and expertise and they could really use the money we pay them.
However, I am looking for a contract or list of guidelines that I can give
them when they start the project this year so that they have a clearer
understanding of what a garden mentor does and doesn't do. Can anyone help
me or point me to a website that has information of this kind on it? Thanks
in advance.

Jacki Abraham
Facilitator
Tisdale & Area Community