Lead paint leaching into soil

  • Subject: [cg] Lead paint leaching into soil
  • From: Marjorie Isaacson <frankiemachine1@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:37:27 -0700 (PDT)

Could anyone provide some educated insight into this
issue?  Say people are using bricks (Chicago common
ones) that have paint on them in garden plots.  I am
not talking about a lot of paint, but wondering more
about whether there is a known level of dangerous
exposure.  I realize that the safe answer would be not
to use any of these bricks.  But I'm talking about a
community garden that has little paths of recycled
bricks and wondering if I should start asking people
to remove them.

Thanks. Marjie I.