RE: Study: Green Space Makes A Safer Place"

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Study: Green Space Makes A Safer Place"
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:23:04 -0400

Laura,

The results that these University of Illinois Professors came up with are
what community gardeners have been saying for years. I've cut and pasted the
contacts from the University of Illinois' web site.

Here's the original NBC link for folks who want to reference the sound bite:

> The link:
<http://www.nbc5.com/news/1398763/detail.html>

Here is a link to the  University of Illinois:

http://www.uiuc.edu/

The authors of the study mentioned in the article:

1) Frances E Kuo:

             email: f-kuo@staff.uiuc.edu

           address: 202 vegetable crops, mc 636
                  : 1103 w dorner dr
                  : urbana, il  61801
    office_address: 202 vegetable crops, mc 636
                  : 1103 w dorner dr
                  : urbana, il  61801
             title: asst prof, natural resources and environmental sciences
                  : asst prof, psychology
                  : dept affl, environmental council
        department: natural resources and environmental sciences

2) William C Sullivan

             email: wcsulliv@staff.uiuc.edu
           address: 1103 s dorner rm#202, mc 636
                  : 1103 w dorner dr
                  : urbana, il  61801
    office_address: 1103 s dorner rm#202, mc 636
                  : 1103 w dorner dr
                  : urbana, il  61801
             title: assoc prof, natural resources and environmental sciences
                  : assoc prof, landscape architecture
                  : dept affl, environmental council
        department: natural resources and environmental sciences

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman