Fwd: Wood to be used in a community garden. Go to the Archives

  • Subject: Fwd: [cg] Wood to be used in a community garden. Go to the Archives
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:40:53 EDT

<< ubj: Re: [cg] Wood to be used in a community garden. Go to the Archives
 Date:  4/22/03 3:40:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  Adam36055
 To:    skylery@shfoodbank.org

 Skyler,

 Please go to the archives of this listserve at community_garden@mallorn.com.
One you get there, please go to the "Mailing lists" section,
(http://www.hort.net/lists/)  you will fine a button for community garden
(http://www.hort.net/lists/community_garden/).

 Once there, you can go back several years in our rather heated discussions
on treated and untreated wood in gardens.  Most of the sensible heads on this
listserv are anti treated wood in gardens, but there is one fine gardener who
says that the arsenic run off is minimal, according to her scientist...

 The exchanges go on and on, but read them.

 My suggestion - Why not use rocks or stone instead?   The stuff is far more
attractive and doesn't rot.  Also brick beds last forever too...

 Have a nice day,
 Adam Honigman
 Volunteer,
  <A HREF="http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/";>Clinton Community Garden
</A>

 << Subj:    [cg] Wood to be used in a community garden.
  What wood is suggested to be used in a Community Garden? Some have said
  use untreated wood, but the replacement of this wood after it decays
  would be costly. Others say use treated wood to last longer, but the
  issue of CCA comes to mind when dealing with treated would.

  Any suggestions?  I think the argument could go either way.