Transplanting trees & growing cash

  • Subject: [cg] Transplanting trees & growing cash
  • From: Connie Nelson <gardenfoolery@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 23:37:16 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to the many folks that responded to my request for advice on transplanting a small fir tree. I feel much more confident this will be a positive experience, for both the tree and myself. Mother Nature has promised beautiful weather this Saturday so will try for a successful tree move to a more harmonious spot.

I have another request.  From time to time, the listserv has mentioned different ways of literally growing some of a community garden's funding.  Would people please tell the rest of us about crops that were grown to raise money, for example, the recent reference to wine grapes from Adam.  Also, please tell where they were grown, as in southern Georgia and any difficulties / successes experienced.

I, as well as others on the listserv, would be most interested and appreciative.  Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge and experience that is so readily shared with one and all.

Connie Nelson
Spokane, WA

Do you Yahoo!?