community gardens in DC

  • Subject: [cg] community gardens in DC
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:17:05 EDT

Not sure who "Anxious Green Thumb" is, but this person can get in touch with GROW at grow19@aol.com or 202-234-0591 or see our website at www.growdc.org.
Sincerely,
Judy Tiger, Garden Resources of Washington

In a message dated 4/8/2004 8:40:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Adam36055@aol.com writes:
Hi Gurus, I was wondering if you could tell me anything about community gardens in the Adams Morgan, Woodley Park, or Dupont Circle area. I'd really like to sign up for the spring and summer, but I don't know where to begin. Any info you can give would be great. Thanks!

Anxious Green Thumb

The Going Out Gurus: Gardening is all about patience, right? There are about 30 community gardens around the city, and most of them have waiting lists. I waited about two years to get my plot, but I bet if you make friends with some gardeners, they'd be happy to sublet part of a plot to you. At the very least, they'd welcome your weeding assistance. Near you, check the garden at Walter Pierce Park in Adams Morgan (off 16th Street). Call Garden Resources of Washington (GROW) for more options, 202-234-0591. -- Anne