Spring plantings for fall gardens
- Subject: [cg] Spring plantings for fall gardens
- From: "Sally McCabe" SMcCabe@Pennhort.org
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:26:49 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcU2HGKBwXMx2VlgSpqU61u3Z2XaLQAsfbhA
- Thread-topic: Spring plantings for fall gardens
I'm compiling a list of low-maintenance plants, especially vegetables,
that can be planted in a school garden in spring, totally ignored (or
allowed to fend for themselves) all summer, and harvested or at least
enjoyed when the kids return in the fall.
So far we have peanuts, potatoes, pumpkins & gourds, and sunflowers.
Anyone care to add their two cents?
We're trying to get commitments from neighborhood folks to maintain the
garden over the summer, but are also trying to be realistic in our
Sally McCabe, Philadelphia
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden