Plot Applications

  • Subject: [cg] Plot Applications
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:17:11 EDT

Anyone have a good plot application I can sample? Please either point me to
your Garden's site or you can respond privately with an attachment, whatever

Or, list me your most important items to include.... We already have garden
rules which gardeners will sign in agreement to taking a plot.  But, for  the
purpose of keeping track of our gardeners, contact info, grant stats etc,
what else must we know about them, without being too nosey??

Also, looking to find out an average plot size and fees, deposits, etc.

What kinds of ways do you invite those who want to garden but can't afford
the fees to participate? Seniors, disabled, anyone who really needs and wants
to  be there without the financial resources to pay for membership?... How do
you  cover these costs?

We are, so far as we know, the first food bank/ community garden combined
project on the west coast, though the liason seems so natural I can't
 why it's not more common. But then, CGs are not really understood out here
either! Plots will be 4x16, 66 or so, with room for more.

Soleil Tranquilli
Elk Grove, CA
_SoleilPaz@aol.com_ (mailto:SoleilPaz@aol.com)

Elk Grove Community Garden

Nurturing community ~ Empowering people ~ Growing  good food

bIn our every deliberation, we must  consider the impact of our decisions
on the next seven generations.b --Great  Law of the Iroquois Confederacy