RE: Mendocino, CA: John Jeavons Speech

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Mendocino, CA: John Jeavons Speech
  • From: "Alliums" garlicgrower@green-logic.com
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:57:38 -0500

Hi, Folks!

Okay, I'm behind in my reading, but did this line (which I just bolded so
that it's easy to see) bother anyone else?

<<Members of the crowd implored Jeavons for more details on the solutions,
like how to make the compost and how to deal with specific soil challenges.
"It may seem a little slow, but if I just tell you the answer, you might
lack the motivation to use it," he said when people pushed him to cut to the
specifics. >>

Must say, as someone who has pretty much dedicated my life to community
service and teaching sustainable ag, that line just appears to me to be the
HEIGHT of arrogance.  With "friends" like these, who needs land-greedy
developers? ;-P

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of