Fwd: Food Coop software: online membership form and database
- Subject: [cg] Fwd: Food Coop software: online membership form and database
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:06:23 -0400
I have been somewhat remiss in posting but I hope this makes amends.
This open source software is free and may have some use for many of you.
To find out more about the Oklahoma Food Cooperative please check out this link.
Other coops based on this experiment are starting up in Kansas, Nebraska, Texas and Arkansas. There is a lot of space for community gardens here. Think self funding.
All the best,
Village Green Community Garden
From: John Herndon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: al borg <email@example.com>
Sent: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 19:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fwd: Food Coop software: online membership form and database
Help Desk - Oklahoma Food Cooperative <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
From: "Help Desk - Oklahoma Food Cooperative" <email@example.com>
To: "Help Desk - Oklahoma Food Cooperative" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Food Coop software: online membership form and database
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:08:55 -0500
You have each contacted the Oklahoma Food Cooperative at some point about
the open source coop software. We are packaging things up, doing the last
few tweaks, and we are going to roll out the newest version this week.
The membership web form to accept members online is ready now and thoroughly
tested. Here are two working version that are feeding into an online
You can download a sample membership form and all that goes with it that you
can set up on a website to accept new coop members online. The data is
entered into an online database. This saves the membership chair data entry
time and joining to can more immediate and accurate.
You can download the files here: http://www.oklahomafood.coop/software.php
* Collects info for storage in online database
* Validates email addresses
* Users can choose their own username - system checks to see if it already
exists to prevent duplicates
* Users can choose their own password
* Tracks how people heard about the coop
* Option to include a paypal button
* Emails notice to Membership chair
* Emails notice to new member
* Marks new member 'pending' until membership chair can verify payment was
This is available under the GNU Public License. This is available under the
GNU General Public License (GPL). http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html#SEC1
___Feedback and Suggestions___
Yes, this form could be better. If you streamline this form, feel free to
share in the spirit of open source. We would have streamlined it more,
putting all variables in a list for easier editing, and several other
things, but in the interest of not delaying the distribution of this
information any longer, we opted to post it as is.
___Credits for this membership portion___
Thanks to the Oklahoma Food Cooperative for spearheading and funding the
start of this project. Find out more about this coop at
* Robert Waldrop, Founder and President of the Oklahoma Food Coop
* John Herndon, Membership Chair of the Oklahoma Food Coop, excellent
attention to detail, assisted with extensive testing.
* Sandra Storey, Volunteer coordinator of the Oklahoma Food Coop, Envisioned
the database structure
* Alisa Cognard, Web developer and php/mysql programmer
* Emma McCauley, Web developer and php/mysql programmer
* Brian Wilson, Quality Assurance testing.
Many others have helped with various portions, we'll be in touch soon with
Thank you and best wishes,
Oklahoma Food Coop Software Team
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden