mosquito control

Our community garden (6/15 Green) in Park Slope, Brooklyn, has been plagued by
a phenomenal mosquito population over the past two years. We're trying to get
a head start this year on covering out water barrels and other measures to
avoid having as much of a problem this year. Have any other community gardens
had success stories related to combating mosquitoes?

One of the things we want to do is install a batbox or two. Has anyone had a
success story with attracting a bat population? Care to share it with us?

Thanks,
Emily Brown