New Urban Garden Program

  • Subject: [cg] New Urban Garden Program
  • From: "Maureen Lastima" m_lastima@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:22:56 +0000

Hi,

I'm starting an Urban Gardening project targeted towards pregant and
first time mothers.  The difference is that the program will not be a
community garden project, but rather a program where they will be growing
their own fruits and vegetables using containers.

The community aspect of the program will be potlucks and meetings for
gardening tips and to promote healthly living.  We hope to 'sneak' other
healthy living messages in there like breastfeeding, no smoking, etc.

I'm fairly new to gardening and would be relying on the help of
experienced gardeners and gardening organizations in the area.

I just wanted to get feedback and/or questions from you guys so that I
cover all the bases in a project such as this.

Thanks,

Mo