Re: Mt. Pleasant, Michigan: Business offers a Community Garden

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Mt. Pleasant, Michigan: Business offers a Community Garden
  • From: "Ken Hargesheimer" minifarms@gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:59:27 -0500

Several years ago here in Lubbock TX a guy has some land at the edge of the
heavily housed area and decided to rent out plots to people for gardening.
It failed but the reason is that people here will not garden.  The Food Bank
had 25 community gardens and most of them are now closed.  The Millers are
to be commended and let's hope it works.  Maybe a farm stand for gradeners
to sell to the public.

The proof that many people garden in London is evident when one takes the
train from Gatwick Airport to downtown.  Almost no vacant land;  all in
gardens.

Ken Hargesheimer