RE: CG's in Buffalo? Contact the Massachusetts Avenue Project.

  • Subject: RE: [cg] CG's in Buffalo? Contact the Massachusetts Avenue Project.
  • From: "Raja, Samina" sraja@ap.buffalo.edu
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:10:35 -0400

Hello Laura,

I would recommend the community gardens run by the Massachussetts Avenue Project (MAP) on Buffalo's West Side.  I have worked with them for a number of years and they are superb with kids.  They have a particularly strong summer gardening program, which is attended by about 40 kids from the inner-city area.  The program emphasizes leadership training, which may be particulary beneficial.  I think Adam's referring to MAP as well - since some of their kids and staff often attend seminars and conferences around the country. The MAP project director, Diane Picard, is on this list serve so she may respond to you directly, otherwise you can write to her at: dpnoc@mass-ave.org.

MAP also has a new website with more information at: http://www.mass-ave.org/

Good luck,

Samina Raja
Buffalo, NY