[cg] Planning a Seminar on Genetic Engineering in Metro Detroit

I'd like some input on how to put together this seminar:
Mr. Peter Bray, our master gardener mentor, has ask me if he could conduct a seminar/talk on genetic engineering at our church.  I would like to publicize this to have a larger audience for him rather than just our community gardeners.  What is the most effective way to advertise for this scenario -- obviously, I have a shoe-string budget -- ?  What time frame would be the "soonest" to attract a large audience (200 to 220)?  I'm thinking at least a month, preferably 2 months of spreading the word through flyers & newsletters.  Would the selling of tickets help not to exceed the maximum?
Cyndy Ross, Fellowship Chairperson
Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church & Community Garden
2399 Figa Avenue
W. Bloomfield, Michigan 48324-1866
Zone 6a
H/Ofc (248) 681-6630