Nutrition Gardening resources

Your search for information on community gardening and nutrition is
important: it would open up nutrition grants for community gardens in
low-income neighborhoods if we could connect the two.  Please consider
sharing your results.

I have not found much data on this in the past, but there is one good
example in the Pacoima WIC office.  There was an LA Times Article about it
that I clipped and didn't write the date on, but its title is "Harvest of
Health, Garden gives low-income women in federal program the opportunity to
grow their own nutritious food"  You could access this article on the
LATimes website.  It talks about people in their garden taking an
additional serving of vegetables, and there is a quote from Gauri Rao, a
nutritionist for Public Health Foundation Enterprises, which runs Wic
programs for many Southern California cities.

Good luck,

Glen Dake