RE: waiver of liability/hold harmless form for volunteers and community gardeners

WK:

This was originally forwarded by Sally McCabe of the ACGA. Like any language
that you're using, it's always good to have a friendly lawyer look it over (
this is not an oxymoron - they exist, even in NYC.) You should also look
into commuity garden insurance as well ( it's a little over $100 a year for
about a million in insurance.)

Happy gardening!
Adam
From McCabe:
This is the "hold harmless clause we were encouraged to adopt for our
garden rules:

I understand that neither the garden group nor owners of the land are
responsible for my actions. I THEREFORE AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE GARDEN
GROUP AND OWNERS OF THE LAND FOR ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGE, LOSS OR CLAIM THAT
OCCURS IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE GARDEN BY ME OR ANY OF MY GUESTS.

Although probably not foolproof in court, it shows that the intent is there.