Full-Time Internet Program Coordinator Job at Food First
Title: Full-Time Internet Program Coordinator Job at Food First
This looks like a very interesting position.
Please reply to them, not me. Contact info at the bottom.
F: (416) 392-6650
Job Announcement/Job Description
Internet Program Coordinator/Web Weaver
Food First/The Institute for Food and Development Policy is a
not-for-profit education-for-action center and progressive think tank with
a mission to end the injustices that cause hunger by moving people to take
The Internet Program Coordinator is responsible for the internet program,
the web site, and for overseeing the Institute's Technology Policy.
Specific responsibilities include: Web development (design, expansion,
maintenance, promotion and analysis); list administration; other possible
use of the Internet to further the Institute's mission; Internet
connectivity; Technology Policy (maintaining & upgrading in-house computer
services including ether and Appletalk networks, hardware, OS and software
upgrades and Tech support to staff).
* Professional-quality Web development experience
* Excellent computer skills (Macintosh and DOS/Windows)
* Experience with email list administration and other Internet technologies
* Knowledge of Internet connectivity issues
* Ability to be self-directed and to work cooperatively in a collective
* Project management skills
* Comfort in talking to both experts and lay people about issues including
hunger, human rights, sustainable agriculture, international development,
computers and online communications
* Mac OS and Windows trouble-shooting skills
* Commitment to social justice and the mission of the Institute
* Appreciation of diverse cultures and a diverse work environment.
* Ability to provide leadership and vision to our communications strategy
using the internet
* Experience in network administration
* Good Knowledge of MAC OS
* Technical needs assessment and planning skills
* Online fundraising and grant writing experience
* Advanced Web development skills (information, graphic and visual design;
analysis; knowledge of tools; knowledge of standards and compatibility
* Knowledge of computer security issues and backup systems
* Knowledge of E-commerce techniques and issues
The Internet Program Coordinator/Web Weaver works with other staff to
insure a first rate electronic outreach/communications strategy and
computer services. S/he is expected to develop and work within a budget
and workplan for areas under her/his responsibility.
Webmaster responsibilities include:
* Interface with other staff who provide most content
* Brainstorm web (and other e-communications) strategies/features/audiences
with other staff
* Design pages in consultation with other staff
* HTML content
* Development of images, including scanning and other graphics work
* E-commerce features including secure server
* Create searchable archives
* Add and maintain links in consultation with other staff
* Manage list-serves, blast fax and email features, etc.
* Participate in fundraising (grant writing, etc.) activities with other
staff to support electronic outreach/services.
* Provide staff with computer-related trouble-shooting on an as-needed and
* Provide leadership of technology policy
* Provide tech support to staff
Network Administrator responsibilities include:
* Maintain & upgrade our internal ether and Appletalk networks.
* Do feasibility study on acquiring a server and purchase/install/maintain
one if so desired
* Develop in-house file sharing/communication strategy in consultation with
* Manage OS and software upgrades/compatibility on Institute's computers.
* Purchase computer equipment as needed, based on comparison shopping.
* Maintain internet services.
* Assist other staff with computer-related problems/needs.
* Take charge of relations with outside computer-related vendors.
Employment Status, Salary and Benefits
This is a Level III job classification, depending on experience, with an
initial annual salary of $28,000 - 34,000, plus a benefits package
including health, dental and vision coverage and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, three references, and an URL where we can
see your work, to:
Internet Coordinator Search Committee
398 60th Street
Oakland, CA 94618
510-654-4400 fax 510-654-4551
Position open until filled.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Institute for Food and Development Policy/Food First
398 60th Street, Oakland, CA 94618 USA
Phone: (510) 654-4400 (ext. 233) Fax: (510) 654-4551
Visit our website: http://www.foodfirst.org
- Explore our extensive resources (updated daily)
- Find out about our programs
- Join our member supported organization
25 Years of Fighting for the Right to Feed Oneself 1975 - 2000
For Land & Liberty -- For Jobs & Justice!