cucumber beetles

Hello friends,

I am looking for advice on organic/alternative methods of dealing with
cucumber beetle attacks as well as cabbage worms.  I know about bt for
cabbage worms and rotenone for the beetles, but I am looking for even less
offensive methods.  For example, I've heard rumors about making a nettle
potion for the beetles...do any of you have other more detailed
recommendations?  Our gardens are in Lewiston, Maine where it has been wet
and cool almost all summer.  Thank you for your help.  Good growing to you

Kirsten Walter
Hillview Community Gardens Coordinator

		Hands on the Earth
	   we remember where the source