Re: Gardening alone

Jack wrote:

>I don't know that we can present community gardening as
>the antidote to "bowling alone," but if Putnam remains hot, we should have a
>lot to say on local and national levels.  Maybe we need to produce a piece
>called Gardening Alone.

I think you're right, but the monograph/article/whatever should be called
"Gardening Together" if it's to be an antidote to "Bowling Alone" -- after
all, we're talking about community gardening and that's usually done with
more than one person. . .

Selling "From the Roots Up" programs as "Bowling Alone Antidotes" and as
ways to raise social capital ought to get us some serious funding from
SOMEBODY! ;-)

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of