From: LBawcum@aol.com [mailto:LBawcum@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 9:48 PM
To: smccabe@pennhort.org
Subject: Junior Master Gardeners

I recently saw your name and address in the book Roots, Shoots, Buckets, &
Boots by Sharon Lovejoy.  The book encompasses a topic about which I am
writing to you - Gardening with children.

The Davidson County (Tennessee) Master Gardeners Association is seriously
investigating the possibility of establishing a Junior Master Gardeners
program. The Davidson County Master Gardeners Association is in its 15th
year
with 200+ active members.  The purpose of the association is to support and
engage in projects which will foster horticulture and horticulture-related
activities that will enhance the quality of life of the
residents of Davidson County, Tennessee and these activities
are conducted with the Extension Service, University of Tennessee.  With
children being our future gardeners, we wish
to develop a program that would provide education to children interested in
gardening through the Junior Master Gardeners program.

Any resources that you may have available that would assist us with our
Junior Master Gardener program would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Luwana Bawcum
3448 Marlborough Avenue
Nashville, TN 37212