Re: collecting seeds

Hi, Marc!

>   My question is I have a rather large successful garden this year (2,350
sqft) and in it I have buttercup  and delicata squash as well as butternut
and acorn.                                              I would like to know
how do I go about collecting seeds for next years garden and what is the
process I need to do.

You've got too many varities (within the same species) of squash growing
together to have pure seed.  (Even tomatoes need to be grown 20 feet apart
to keep the variety pure.)

Check out the Seed Savers Exchange website at http://www.seedsavers.org/ You
can also buy Suzanne Ashworth's book, Seed to Seed which is the bible of
seed saving.

Good Luck!  Seed saving is additive! ;-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of