RE: weeds

Running a community garden out of a botanic garden must be wonderful for
resources, advice and staff back-up. However, the botanical garden ethos
must at a time feel like a master chef in full whites barking orders at a
little old lady making Campbell's cream of Mushroom soup out of a can
The best words on individual plot gardening came form one of our founding
gardeners, Mallory Abrahmson , " If you can't find the time to weed and
garden, be a sport and give up your plot to someone who does."
Please check out our website for our back garden rules/governance.
Our mode of governance came from the folks who dug out our lot, chased off
the junkies,  removed the rusted cars and is still digging out spent
bullets. Our rules come from the membership, not from above. Most community
gardens  have self governing plot committees like we do. Check the ACGA
garden links to get some ideas. I am as always a fan of the Eagle Heights
Community Garden in Madison, Wisconsin, but then, who isn't?
Best wishes,