"Libby's" Garden

  • Subject: [cg] "Libby's" Garden
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <libby@igc.org>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:11:18 -0400

Yo, Sal,

We ain't no park.

Actually, our 25-year old is City owned but while we expected it to
be given to Fairmount Park or to the Department of Recreation  when
we got it from the National Park Service, it is actually on the rolls
of the Dept. of Public Property. I've NO idea how this happened. The
Dept. of Recreation "submitted" (Actually, we did ALL the work.) the
initial application for the site, and Mayor Goode asked for the
permanent land transfer later. Whatever, we're permanent, and that's
what matters.

Libby
--
				Philadelphia, PA