looking for funding for garden permanency

  • Subject: [cg] looking for funding for garden permanency
  • From: "Perdita Butler" <p.butler@src-mn.org>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:03:54 -0500

Perdita here from the Urban Lands program at the Sustainable Resources
Center in Minneapolis. I am looking for assistance.

Due to a change in the MCDA land disposition policy here in Minneapolis, a
limited number of buildable lots were made available for purchase to become
"permanent" gardens.  City wide there are 15 properties that have offers to
purchase pending.  There are several different groups that are the acting
"purchaser" and we are one such "purchaser" with offers on eight gardens.

We are working with the gardeners from the gardens that are approaching
permanency and fundraising is the most crucial issue at this point.

I am trying to put together some resources including a list of applicable
small grants they could apply for.  If you know of any resources or of
particular grants please send information my way. We are looking for money
(not in kind) and the range of the gardens  is between $3000 and $17,000.