above the Arctic Circle

  • Subject: [cg] above the Arctic Circle
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:24:55 -0400

The community greenhouse project above the Arctic Circle is the Inuvik
Community Greenhouses and you can read about growing on the permafrost at
<http://www.cityfarmer.org/inuvik.html#inuvik>
It is truely amazing what is going on up there.

By the way, Inuvik is in the Northwest Territories--that's in Canada  ;-}
just above the 68th parallel, roughly 2 degrees north of the Arctic Circle,
near the Beaufort Sea.
<http://www.atlas.gc.ca/english/quick_maps/current/political_map_e.html>

Eh?
Laura