Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #791 - 5 msgs

  • Subject: [cg] Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #791 - 5 msgs
  • From: "david peterson" <dayvidpeterson@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:14:54

Hey Adam and all:

    I just wanted to mention, a day late, that there was a short letter to the editor published in the Daily News on August 6th, before they published the ACGA pres.'s letter. I'm not trying to give props to myself, who wrote it, or refute your point about the press's terrible coverage of the garden struggle from the gardeners' prespective(s), I just thought that you might want to know. Also, the rally on the first of august that you talked about was put together by Moregardens!, as was the referendum drive, who, with help from many of those organizations that you mentioned and from countless gardeners really busted their butts to get the 23,000 signatures. You just had them listed as attendees. I hope that all is well and want to thank New York City's gardeners for teaching me so much about gardens, politics and so much more. -David Peterson