RE: Re: Shed considerations in a children's garden.

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Re: Shed considerations in a children's garden.
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:50:22 -0400

In additon to Elmer's excellent advice:
Going back to junior high shop class, I think it would be a good idea to keep the stencilled names and outlines of the tools on the shed wall behind the hooks that will store them ( in fact, I think that's a great idea for grown-up garden sheds
On safety and insurance:
1) Get garden insurance.
2) Create a form for parents to sign with "at your risk" language
3) Set up safety rules (i.e., no kids in shed without adult supervision, etc., no sword fighting with trowels and no, we don't care if your parents let you see "Gladiator" with Russel Crowe, no fooling with pitch forks!)
Seriously, take a mental walk through your proposed shed, imagine yourself as Dennis the Menace and try to fool proof the place.
Great luck!
Adam Honigman
Best wishes,
Adam Honigman