Letter to the Senator

  • Subject: [cg] Letter to the Senator
  • From: "Randall Willis" <Shelly88@peoplepc.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:04:25 -0500

Hi. I am new to the group and have been utilizing the great information you have during the past month. Our not for profit organization has been given 8 city lots in the middle of our inner city to do with as we please. What a blessing! I have taken on the job as the Garden Coordinator. I have never had any experience with that type of project except gardening at home for 20 years.
I have just spoken to the assistant to our state Senator. He has suggested I write a letter to the Senator asking for a letter of support. I am to explain the garden plans, what the outcome will be and who has supported us so far.
I am asking for information any of you may have that has been used in the past that may have addressed your Congressmen and Senators or other legislative persons. I am not very good with words and certain verbiage can be used too much. As I have said, I am really new at all of this and it can become overwhelming very quickly.
Secondly, I am envious of all of you going to the conference since we have no monies and I can not go. It sounds like a lot of fun. My question is this. Will all of the information given during the workshops be available for purchase at a later date? I have nothing to read, except what is on the ACGA site which has been a real blessing, and would love to have some information I could share with my growing list of supporters.
Thanks for your help.
Shelly Willis