ACGA Multilogue News

  • Subject: [cg] ACGA Multilogue News
  • From: "Anna Wasescha" <ariel@tc.umn.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:42:53 -0500

The Labor Day Weekend Update on the ACGA newsletter, the Multilogue, is:

1)  We're looking for a new name and have been asking around for
suggestions.  If you've got ideas, send them to me via e-mail, or if you are
planning on attending the ACGA conference in Salt Lake City, write them down
and stuff them into the brightly papered shoebox on display at the ACGA
information table.

2)  We are soliciting contributions from members of the ACGA for this
newsletter, a new name for which will be selected in October 2001.  This
yet-to-receive-its-new-name newsletter will be sent to members in late
October/early November.

2a)  For information on why membership in the ACGA is the best investment
you can make with your hard-earned dollars, post an inquiry on this list and
look forward to hearing from people all around the continent who have
experienced one benefit after another from their association with this great
group of community gardeners.

3)  We are hoping to have regional correspondents reporting on the critical
issues, events and ideas in their area.  At this time, we have fair
representation from around the North American continent with gaps in the
Upper Northwest (Vancouver, Seattle, Oregon, Montana) and in the Lower
Southeast (mostly we're thinking Florida, but generally the hotter, humid
and coastal regions of the US).

4)  For the regional correspondents, we're thinking 300-500 words--no more
than that.

5)  For any "feature" articles, submissions should be somewhere in the range
of 500-1000 words.

6)  These articles should be e-mailed to me (Anna Wasescha) in either
Windows or Mac as any of the following:
                1. plain text in the body of the email
                2. MS Word
                3. Word Perfect

That's it for now.  If you have any questions about this e-mail, please send
them to me at ariel@umn.edu.

Anna Wasescha
Farm in the City and ACGA Publications Chair
1312 Dayton Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota  55104-6440
651.646.8733 (phone)
651.646.0034 (fax)