RE: How to?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] How to?
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@pennhort.org
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:21:58 -0400

Since this is for a community garden, make it a group process. If the group creates the rules, the group is more likely to follow them. Have "rounds" where everyone gets to share their perspectives without interruption, then draft, then let it sit for a week. Come back together and discuss what you all came up with.
Make sure there are very clear agreements and commitments for maintaining the common spaces!
And beware of punitive attitudes and language; rather, write "rules" that guide and inspire.
Above all, keep it fun.

Paco John Verin
City Wide Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 North 20th Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA  19103-1495