Request for several job descriptions/program models

  • Subject: [cg] Request for several job descriptions/program models
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds aedmonds@umich.edu
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:48:29 -0400

Hi all, I'm gathering advice/models/examples for several different upcoming projects/grants...

1) Job descriptions for adults working with youth entrepreneurial gardens. Would love the actual breakdown of duties/times for folks who work at least half time doing this.

2) Models/advice/lessons learned re: social service agencies/soup kitchens/food distribution points on classes or programs teaching clients how to grow their own food at home in containers. I'm trying to couple an emergency food distribution program with the "teach a (wo)man to fish and she'll eat forever" sort of idea, giving out starter kits next spring and maybe offering education around growing container varieties of fresh produce. Most clients will have little to no gardening experience. I know lots of you work through these sort of agencies, so I'm guessing there's wisdom out there!

3) Job descriptions for county/region-wide garden coordinators, who work with a variety of programs. Again, year-round breakdown of amount of time spent doing what, etc. I'm trying to give some folks concrete examples of how it works in peer communities. Looking specifically for positions housed in government agencies (probably not extension, however), but non-profit job descriptions will also be helpful.

Many thanks!

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Perry Learning Garden, Ypsilanti, Michigan