refugee wisdom

  • Subject: [cg] refugee wisdom
  • From: "a.h.steely" gfcp@mindspring.com
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:59:00 -0400

Dear Adam,

I love your mother, my mom used to keep water in gallon milk jugs in the
basement just in case of a bomb attack or other disaster.  I have always
kept a few on hand just out of habit... now I live with a survivalist and we
have 3 - 55 gal. blue barrels of water in the basement... When he saw me
keeping my five gallons for each person for a few days in the event of
emergency he said that is not sufficient.
Your quotes:
"My mother had filled the bathtub and sinks with water (refugee wisdom)  as
we lived then, above the 6th floor (the height above which water does not
naturally flow from our aqueduct system and has to be helped by electrical
pumps) so we could flush our toilets,
have water to cook  and wash with."
"wasn't looting in Hell's Kitchen ( too many shopkeepers on ninth avenue,
sitting on chairs all night with rifles and pistols)"

Can ordinary folk still own shotguns in NYC? What is the real info from the
horse's mouth on gun ownership for protection in NYC?

Thanks, I cut and pasted it for posterity and others who will enjoy your
news report.  Modeling good behavior can stop crime much better than simply
using the boys in blue and camo.

Helen Steely
Hbg., Pa.